EA has announced the details for the Star Wars Battlefront II Open Beta. However, some of the details on the maps are still currently a mystery. Despite this, EA has unveiled quite a lot about the Beta for their upcoming Star Wars game.
Those who participate will be able to take part in the Galactic Assault on Naboo. Here’s what the PlayStation blog has to say about this:
- Join the Separatist droid army or the Republic Clones on the streets of Theed in massive 40 player multiplayer melees
- Choose from four distinct trooper classes:
- Assault troopers are classic flankers, pushing the line forward and advancing the front
- Heavy troopers use their high-powered weapons and personal body shields to take ground and hold it
- Officers power up their teammates with buffs and deploy remote weapons to support their allies
- Specialists lay traps and snipe from a distance
- Control beloved Star Wars heroes, pilot prequel-era vehicles, and more
EA also confirms that the Open Beta will feature a multiplayer Starfighter Assault mode. However, we don’t know very much about this yet. The publisher states that players will be able to take part in an “epic startfighter assault” which is set during the original trilogy. More details on this will be unveiled during Gamescom in August.
When can you start playing?
According to the blog post, the Open Beta will begin on October 6th and will be open to the public. It will be ending on October 9th. However, those who pre-order the game will gain access to an exclusive Closed Beta which begins on October 4th.
“Clear your schedule, tell your friends, and get ready to get experience a glimpse into the beautiful, massive world of Star Wars as you never have before.” states the blog post.
To read more information on this Open Beta, you can find more details on the official PlayStation blog here.