Gearbox Software has just released a hotfix for Borderlands 3 with patch notes on their forum. The hotfix is automatically applied when you ‘re on the main menu as long as you have an active internet connection. Gearbox has iterated that the hotfix is not a permanent fix. The hotfix is temporarily stored in the game’s memory each time it’s loaded.
The game’s community has expressed their concerns with critical performance issues and Gearbox addresses this in their forum post.
“So nothing for menu lag, randomly being thrown out of a map, vertical split, etc.? None of the real issues? ” – secondhandsmoke713
“We are aware that the below list does not include issues that the community is immediately concerned with. We are hard at work evaluating performance problems and potential solutions for them.”
Borderlands 3 Hotfix Updates
The changes in the hotfix include:
- Yellow paint has been added to the Marsh Fields to mark a more obvious path to complete the Sabotage Crew Challenge.
- The New-U Station in front of the Halcyon Suborbital Spaceport (used during the “Space-Laser Tag” Mission) in the Meridian Metroplex now has a larger activation range.
- The New-U Station in front of Titian’s Gate (used during the “Atlas, At Last” Mission) in the Meridian Metroplex now has a larger activation range.
- The first Guardian a player runs into during the “Beneath the Meridian” mission is no longer over-leveled.
- The Eridian chest by the Grotto in the Jakob’s Estate is no longer invisible.
- Eridium crystals in Voracious Canopy grow less frequently.
- Scaled down the amount of loot drops in Mayhem Mode.
- Torgue shotgun sticky damage has been reduced.
- Reduced E-Tech shotgun elemental damage from “flesh off your bones” to “a lot”.
- Chupacabratch dropped too much of his hard-earned loot.
- Adjusted spawn rate of Loot Tinks in Mansion. They’re special again.
- Removed pain-sounds from Troy for his boss fight.
So, let’s hope those major issues are fixed asap. To make sure the hotfix is applied, go to the in-game menu and check if “updates are available” is showing.
We’ll have our full review of Borderlands 3 out for you soon!