The first official Splatfest for Splatoon 2 has officially ended in every region now. If you don’t know what Splatfest is then it’s a special event in Splatoon. Nintendo makes two teams which support a certain thing and has them fight it out to see which of these things is better. For this epic battle, it was about food. More specifically, it was to find out which condiment was better: Mayo or Ketchup.
Well the results are in now and it’s time to unveil which is the better condiment.
This was the only region where Mayo won the popularity vote. 56% of players joined the Mayo team leaving only 44% for team Ketchup. While the popularity vote is important, the battle results are the deciding percentages.
Solo: 51% to Mayo
Team: 51% to Ketchup
While Ketchup had a strong comeback in the Team battles, Mayo still won 2:1 overall for this region.
North America and Australia
In this region, Ketchup won the popularity vote with 73%. Clearly the condiment is much more popular in these regions then. However, was that enough to win on the battlegrounds?
Solo: 52% Mayo
Team: 51% Mayo
Despite the clear popularity divide, Mayo was able to take more victories on the splattering grounds. As a result, Mayo won in this region with a clear 2:1 victory.
Europe was the final region to end the Splatfest and was the last hope for Ketchup. Alas, it was not to be. Ketchup was more popular once again with a 63% of votes however, the team seemed to falter in the arena.
Solo: 51% Mayo
Team: 51% Mayo
While Ketchup won 2/3 of the popularity votes, the players were unable to overcome the Mayo team. As a result, Mayo took a clear victory in every region.
Ketchup supporters will be sad to hear then that Mayo has been crowned as the king of condiments in this Splatfest.
We will bring you all the latest news relating to Splatoon 2 and Nintendo in the future so stay tuned for the next Splatfest!