Nintendo’s going big today March 10th, which they’ve cleverly declared “MAR10 DAY.”
They kicked off the day by releasing a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe overview trailer, which we already covered the details of here.
The game company’s social media, especially Nintendo of America’s Twitter, has been poppin’ with Mario gifs and fun facts in celebration of everyone’s favorite princess-rescuing plumber. Take a look at the cute “Mario through the years” clip below, where the mustachioed hero morphs from retro to modern art styles.
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) March 10, 2017
Also, fun fact: Mr. Miyamoto’s favorite power up is the Super Leaf, which transforms Mario into Tanooki Mario to glide and whip his tail around to fight enemies.
On top of social media posts, Nintendo is celebrating MAR10 DAY by offering Mario-themed rewards on My Nintendo. Some of these rewards include a Mario wallpaper, a Mario Kart 8 DLC pack, and some character statues.
You can keep celebrating Mario throughout the week on Play Nintendo with themed activities. There are videos, polls, quizzes, puzzles, and more for Mario fans to enjoy.
If you’re looking for Mario sales, Amazon has you covered with some 20% off retro games. Check below for a complete list of what they’re offering today only.
- Super Mario Bros. 3 – 3DS [Digital Code] – $3.99
- Super Mario World (New 3DSXL Only) – 3DS [Digital Code] – $6.39
- Super Mario Bros. – 3DS [Digital Code] – $3.99
- Super Mario World – Wii U [Digital Code] – $6.39
- Mario Party 2 – Wii U [Digital Code] – $7.99
- Super Mario 64 – Wii U [Digital Code] – $7.99
- Super Mario Bros. 3 – Wii U [Digital Code] – $3.99
- Mario Kart 64 – Wii U [Digital Code] – $7.99
- Super Mario Land – 3DS [Digital Code] – $3.19
- Paper Mario – Wii U [Digital Code] – $7.99
- Super Mario Advance – Wii U [Digital Code] – $6.39
Happy MAR10 DAY!