GT Sport, highly anticipated and long-awaited entry in the Gran Turismo franchise received a large update, including a new single player mode, 12 more cars, and more.
Critics of the original release pointed out a heavier emphasis on online play than ever before. The series had been known for its deep single player, and this update is getting GT Sport closer to the high standards held by fans.
Here’s the official copy:
1. Campaign Mode
– ‘GT League’ has been added. This is a mode in which you can challenge a variety of races using cars from your garage. (For every league, there is a prerequisite Driver Level required to enter.)
2. New Cars
– The following 12 cars have been added:
・Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) (N300)
・Nissan Skyline GT-R V・spec II (R32) (N300)
・Nissan Skyline GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34) (N300)
・Ford F-150 SVT Raptor (N400)
・Lamborghini Countach LP400 (N400)
・Ferrari F40 (N500)
・Ferrari Enzo Ferrari (N700)
・KTM X-BOW R(N300)
・Suzuki Swift Sport (N100)
・Volkswagen Samba Bus Type 2 (T1) (N100)
・Chris Holstrom Concepts 1967 Chevy Nova (N700)
・Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3) (N300)
– A new layout, the “Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa + Miyabi” has been added.
– A new ”Season’s Greetings” group has been added to the Top Screen. This includes the addition of new photo spots.
5. Brand Central
– We have added the “Lewis Hamilton Reference Laps #1 – Nürburgring” to the ‘Lewis Hamilton’ section of Brand Central;
– A museum section has been added to Chevrolet;
– Special Scapes spots have been added to Bugatti.
6. Top 24 Superstars
– In the FIA Championships within Sport mode, a ‘Top 24 Superstars’ race will be held as the final round of each race season. This will be a single race of the final round, where only the top 24 groups will be matched together. This race will provide more points than a standard race.
– Added a new [Settings] section under [Event Settings] -> [Regulation Settings].
8. Physics Simulation Model
– Traction control while turning has been adjusted to allow smoother cornering.
– The DUALSHOCK4 motion sensor steering sensitivity has been adjusted so that steering requires less inclination.
10. Buttons Assignment
– It is now possible to set throttle and brakes in the buttons assignments of the wireless and steering controllers. The settings can be changed from [Options] -> [Controller];
– Fixed an issue where the operation of the left/right stick on the T-GT steering controller was affected by the settings assigned for the wireless controller.
– Tyres screeching sounds have been adjusted;
– The sound balance of the Chaparral Chevrolet Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo has been adjusted.
12. Additional Language
– Thai language support has been added to the Asian version.
Other Improvements and Adjustments
– Various other issues have been addressed.
The update is available now.