Nintendo held another Nindies video presentation today and there’s certainly quite a bit to be excited for. The company had over 18 different games to show for the Nintendo Switch. This is the perfect time to own a Nintendo Switch!
However, there’s bound to be some disappointment from this video presentation. There was no mention of release dates for many known upcoming games. Highly anticipated games such as Stardew Valley and Yooka-Laylee still need release dates.
Nevertheless, it was still a game filled presentation from Nintendo. Exactly what you would expect to see from the company.
Here are a list of all the games shown:
- Super Meatboy Forever – 2018
- Shovel Knight: King of Cards – Early 2018
- Mom Hid My Game – Late 2017
- Golf Story – September 2017
- Floor Kids – Holiday 2017
- Wulver Blade – September 2017
- Poly Bridge – Holiday 2017
- Kentucky Route Zero TV Edition – Early 2018 (All 5 acts and interludes included)
- Earth Atlantis – This Fall
- Next Up Hero – Early 2018
- Steamworld Dig 2 – September 21
- Mulaka – Early 2018
- Yono and the Celestial Elephants – October 12
- Dragon Marked for Death – This Winter
- Battle Chef Brigade – Holiday 2017
- Morphies Law – Winter 2017
- Sausage Sports Club – Fall 2017
- Light Fingers – Early 2018
- Nine Parchments – Holiday 2017
- Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes – 2018
All of the bolded games on this list are exclusive to the Nintendo Switch while console exclusives are in italics. Several of these games are coming first to the Nintendo Switch such as the sequel to the popular platformer Super Meatboy, Super Meatboy Forever. However, they will be coming to other platforms in the future.
One of the most notable games was Morphies Law, a 4v4 team-based shooter. It seems to be similar to Splatoon where players don’t focus on killing enemies. Instead, please steal mass from their enemies to make their own body bigger and to increase the size of their teams avatar. Certainly a very interesting concept. However, we don’t currently know very much about this game.
We can expect more news to come from Nintendo in regards to these upcoming games. Despite the lack of news about certain titles, we should still expect other indie games such as Yooka-Laylee to arrive in the future.