Vote Duke for President 2016!
Gearbox Publishing has announced that Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour will be released to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Duke Nukem 3D. The game will include the original Duke Nukem 3D from 1996, plus new content and features. This includes:
- “Hail to the King, Baby!” – New episode with eight original levels created by Allen Blum III and Richard “Levelord” Gray – the original designers of Duke Nukem 3D
- “Come Get Some!” – Lee Jackson has composed new music for the game. He was the author of the original theme “Grabbag” and sound designer for Duke Nukem 3D
- New one-liners from Jon St. John who was the voice of Duke in Duke Nukem 3D
- “I’ve got Balls of Steel!” – Commentary from the development team which is accessible in game
- “I’m Lookin’ Good!” – You will have the option to play the game using the engine from 1996 or switch to Gearbox’s “True3D Rendering” mode which features high fidelity and fast frame rate
President of Gearbox Software, Randy Pitchford had this to say about the release:
“When I first moved out to Texas to join the Duke Nukem 3D development team in the mid-nineties, I could not possibly predict that we were all going to be part of the emergence of the 3D First Person video game genre that would ultimately impact the entire videogame industry… Making it possible for Allen, Richard, Lee and Jon to all come back together 20 years later to bring a whole new episode to the classic game is just one of those rare and incredible things that I hope will bring joy and happiness to hardcore videogame fans new and old.”
Hopefully the launch is a success compared to the fiasco of Duke Nukem Forever and fans are happy to pay for the new features of the game compared to the original. The new episode certainly looks like a lot of fun. The game will launch on the PS4, Xbox One and PC via Steam on October 11, 2016 at MRSP $19.99.
Do you see enough value in the game? Let us know in the comments and check out the trailer for the game below.